Wemcrest

« Older   Newer »
kefkitty
view post Posted on 21/10/2010, 22:24

Firstly I would like to introduce myself. I am Karen, youngest daughter of the late Brian Drew who showed and Bred corgi's our prefix was Wemcrest corgis.

Now i was much younger in those days, loved the shows and especially taking part in the child handling (most of my child hood was around the shows).

Sadly when my father passed away suddenly, we no longer kept the corgi's (something that I now regret). However I can remember selling two dogs to Italy, the gentleman's name was Claude - both of them i recall became international champions, the dog was Wemcrest Golden spur and the other one was Wemcrest dolly dimple.

I hoping that Claude, might be aware of this site - or anyone else who can remember the Wemcrest name.

Thanks
Karen

Gianandrea
view post Posted on 22/10/2010, 11:44

Yes Karen, do well remember both your dogs. The male, a big, glamourous r/w and the bitch, a nice sable one. And, most of all, do well remember your father and the beautiful Wemcrest Maestro. Thirty years ago... or so.... wow!

kefkitty
view post Posted on 22/10/2010, 12:17

Yes must be thirty years ago, strange as most of the details of i can still see clearly. Rudi was a most impressive dog, I was distraught that my parents sold him, i can remember crying my eyes out at crufts. He was very beautiful, and had these wonderful eyes. I

With the Bitch Dolly, i can remember travelling down to Switzerland, sitting in the garden having this lovely drink.

Really miss the corgi's and the great days and friendship they brought me in my younger years. My Dad was a wonderful Man, regret thou we didnt keep the Wemcrest line going, sadly its probably long gone now.

Wemcrest Maestro - Brutus, he had an amazing head.

Is this claude??

°*°cri°*°
view post Posted on 22/10/2010, 15:29

hi karen, welcome here :)
here we all love corgis as your father and you :wub:
are you thinking to have other corgis?

valeria&ermanno
view post Posted on 26/10/2010, 17:05

Hello Karen!
Sorry not to answer your mail, but for a problem to my server I have lost it !!!
Nice to meet you here.
I was sure that Gianandrea knew about Claude!!!!!!!! :)

Elena71
view post Posted on 5/11/2010, 20:55

Hello!
the kennel "Clode" not breed more welsh corgi for a long time and I think that is transferred from Liguria

5 replies since 21/10/2010, 22:24   291 views